Reports To: Kolar Children’s Home Director and Board Member
Location: Kolar Children’s Home
Job Type: Volunteer, Room and Board included, small stipend available
Term: 1 to 12 months
Start Date: January 2014
Are you looking for a volunteer experience that can make a difference in the lives of young children. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to relocate and live in India, near Kolar Children’s Home, and help tutor and mentor our children. In addition to your responsibilities at the children’s home, there will be opportunities for you to engage in volunteer work in the local community and develop educational programs. We will work with you to make sure you have the required visa to volunteer in India, if you are not an Indian citizen.
- Map each child’s academic progress and help set goals and work with the children to achieve them
- Develop extra-curricular activities outside of academics to develop the children’s talents and skills
- Identify new initiatives to help the local community
Skills/ Qualifications / Experience:
Bachelors or equivalent, with prior tutoring or teaching experience
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter. Please answer the following questions in your cover letter.
1. If given the opportunity to come stay at Kolar Children’s Home, what would be your top priority for your stay?
2. What would you like to get out of this volunteer experience?